Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
"The function of the child is to live his own life - not the life that his anxious parents think he should live, not a life according to the purpose of the educator who thinks he knows best."
~ A.S. Neill, founder of Summerhill School.

SURNAMES

8th February 2011, Tuesday Afternoon
Lee Zhen was asking me why is this Friday, a school holiday?

Me:  (explained about the Hokkiens prayers to the Jade Emperor "天公"")

LZ:  Are you a Hokkien people?
Me:  No, I'm a Cantonese.  Your father is a Hokkien.
LZ:  Then, I am what people?
Me:  You're a Hokkien.
LZ:  Why I am not a Cantonese people?
Me:  'Coz you follow your father.  Just like your surname, you followed your father's surname, Lee "".


LZ:  Mummy, next time I want to marry a Low, "".  Then my children can have your surname.  I don't know what people lah... but the surname is Low, like you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

POPULAR POSTS